Saturday, December 13, 2008

Growing Christmas Trees, Mice kings, and Friends in the Nutcracker!!!

So, yesterday, my dad and I went to the Nutcracker ballet given by a local company. You see, he often gets free tickets from work to the touring attractions in our town, so he got some last week for Sunday. I couldn't go then because of an orchestra rehearsal, so I was disappointed. I had really wanted to see a friend of mine who was dancing in it.

So, I hoped and prayed all week long. I really wanted to go and this weekend was my last chance. So, yesterday afternoon (which, by the way, was a l...o...n...g day in itself) he got tickets!

YAY!!!

So last night, we drove downtown, at last found a parking place, and started walking. I had mentioned seeing one of those tricycle taxis to my dad, just because I was talking about whatever came into my head. To my great surprise, when we had parked, we walked over to one and got a ride. It was SO much fun!


The ballet was really great to see my friend do her part with such relish and even more fun to see her get a moment of stardom. Great job, G. !

Well, the ballet went over well, and I loved it. Afterward, we stopped at a Starbucks and got a nice cappucino--decaf, of course. :)

All in all it was a wonderful night, and I had a great deal of fun with Daddy. I think that I'll always want to remeber it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucie, I have never seen the Nutcracker ballet before. I'm sure it was really fun! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I will come back to your blog!

God Bless,
Lauren Ann

Sarah said...

aw! that sounds like so much fun!

Joanna said...

We used to go to the nutcracker every year. It was a lot of fun, but now we are to busy. I actually almost danced in it once, but we decided to wait another year. By then we weren't taking lessons anymore. :-( Oh well. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

I was in teh Nutcracker when I was ten! I was a boy party guest, a mouse, and a Mother Goose character! I was at the ballet studio about four or five times a week!

Lucie Manette said...

Wow, Emmy! The friend that I congratulated in the post also played a party boy! She can certainly compare notes with you about the time in the studio!

Check back soon for my Susan Costume post...I finished it yesterday and just need to take some pictures. :)