Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm using a highlighter on my life


It's been over four months since my last post. Do you know why? I have been incredibly busy for this, the last semester of my sophomore year. I've wanted to post, but everytime I got enough time to, I didn't have the energy. But now, I've finished exactly one half of my highschool career and have an oppressive amount of free time. (Just kidding. My mother is very, very excited to have me back in the laundry room, and I'll find fun things to do.)

















I saw the movie Tangled. I loved it. Review coming soon.





School: As I said before, I have officially finished my sophomore year of highschool. It was hectic, and I had so much more work than last year, but this break is all the more precious. I had my first real taste of finals, lab practicals, difficult assignments, weekly books and essays, Latin, speech and debate, and Philosophy. It was a valuable experience, and I loved it. But a brain can only take so much. Summer, hot at dry as it is in south Texas, is a welcome experience.




















The Royal Wedding: I went over to a friend's house on the spur of the moment, and thouroughly enjoyed waking up at 4:15 am. The whole thing was definitely worth it. I love the whole British penchant for hats, and Kate's dress was the most stunning thing I'll ever see. I hope that the style comes into vogue...it was all about the feminine silouette, not the nakedness, you know? And I know from personal experience...wearing a strapless dress for a special occasion is really not a lot of fun. ;)









Earlier in the semester, I won a contest...the prize was an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C. for a conference over the summer. I can hardly wait, as I've never been to the north-eastern U.S. I'm pretty sure that it will a highlight of the summer. It will also be the first time I fly alone, but I think I can handle it. Please pray, though, that going through the security checkpoint will be un-eventful. :/







There are a couple of other events that happened just after Christmas break that I'll post about later on...I need a chance to steal pictures off of my mom's memory card!







5 comments:

Näna said...

Yay!!! You're back!!! I have so missed reading your post.

LUCIE!!! You're coming to D.C.?!?! That's where I live! Let me know when and maybe we could get together for lunch?

Hugs,
Nana

Meredith said...

Yay! Your Back!

I loved Tangled too :) Can't wait to hear your perspective!

And that's so cool you get to go to DC! As a kid that was my dream. Still is :)

Can't wait to hear more!

Unknown said...

You're really coming to DC!?!?! I don't live far from there - it'll be fun to think you're so close :)

I *adore* Tangled! Flynn rocks in a big way - and Pascal stole the show. *wink*

Ah....William and Kate. I woke up waaaay early for the wedding too - it was soooo worth it! Kate was radiant and her dress was dazzling. I loved the hats the guests wore - reminded me of My Fair Lady *chuckle*

Now that you have an oppressive amount of free time *cough cough* maybe you'll be able to post more often *innocent look* No pressure, of course...

Love you, friend!

Jo

Lucie Manette said...

@Nana: aww, thanks! I'll be there in mid-June...and I'd love to get together for lunch, but unfortunately, I'll be on a pretty tight schedule, so I don't think it's plausible. :( That would have been so fun, though!

@Meredith: It's been one of my traveling dreams, too. :) I'll be getting that Tanlged review up before long!

@Jo: seriously? I didn't know that! I totally agree about Tangled, too...I'll cover all my opinions in my review. ;) I will definitely post more!

Anonymous said...

Dear Lucie,

Having been off the computer for days I hadn't seen this. Been waiting for a post from you, girl :). So good to see you back. I LOVED Kate's wedding dress, too.

So glad you're done drowning in school and can have your summer now. Enjoy D.C.; I lived there for a few months a while back. Won't ever lack for something to see!

Blessings,
~Meg